ODEMSA Employment Opportunity
The Old Dominion EMS Alliance in Richmond, VA has a full-time opening for an Office Clerk. The Office Clerk coordinates the efficient operation of ODEMSA's business office. This position reports to the Executive Director and supports other ODEMSA staff as directed. The Office Clerk is the primary support staff for ODEMSA, and is expected to exercise tact and judgement, while maintaining a friendly, helpful and professional manner. Candidates must be motivated, resourceful and able to think and work independently and creatively. The application period will end close of business November 5, 2014.
Ebola Resource Center- updated 10/23/14 - 11:00a.m.
On August 6, 2014 members of the World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared Ebola a public health emergency of international concern. To date, the United States has only had isolated cases of the virus. In response to the intensifying pandemic in the West African countries of Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone, and due to the fact that we have had isolated cases in the United States, the Old Dominion EMS Alliance has established this Ebola Information Portal to quickly link EMS providers and agencies with information and tools to help care for potentially infected patients.
Current ODEMSA Initiatives:
(1) A team led by our Regional Medical Director, Dr. Allen Yee, and the Metro-Richmond Fire Chiefs have prepared Ebola-specific regional guidelines. The team is comprised of regional experts from the fields of EMS, Fire, hospital administration, Hazardous Materials, and education. They have worked very hard to provide a document that will accommodate the wide variety of challenges our region's providers may encounter, with the goal of keeping our providers SAFE. ODEMSA - Ebola Response Guide - Approved 10-22-14
(2) ODEMSA is offering in-person PPE Donning and Doffing training sessions in each of its four Planning Districts. Participants will have an opportunity to practice skills using glow technology. CEU will be awarded to those who attend (ALS 89, BLS 06). Registration is not required. ODEMSA staff will also give a presentation on the newly released Regional Ebola Virus Disease (EBV) Response Guide. Ebola Update - PPE Training 10-2014
(3) ODEMSA, in partnership with Chesterfield Fire and EMS, Chesterfield Police Department, Bon Secours Virginia and HCA of Virginia have produced a video with CDC recommended Donning and Doffing instruction. ODEMSA will disseminate the information as soon as it is available.
(4) The Office of EMS has requested each Regional Council reach out to the agencies in their respective region to determine agency PPE inventory, and potential areas of need. ODEMSA will do this in the form of a survey. Your agency's leadership should be prepared to answer these questions in the next few days.
(5) Because this is a fluid situation, ODEMSA encourages you to visit this site frequently to make sure you have the most up-to-date documents and information. The situation is dynamic and there may be frequent changes.
Please click on "read more" to monitor updated information and links.
Governor McAuliffe's FY2015 Saving Plan
Statement Issued by Gary Brown, Director Virginia Office of EMS
Gary Brown, Director of the VA Office of EMS released a statement clarifying the impact to Emergency Medical Services in the Commonwealth regarding the recent announcement of Governor McAuliffe's FY2015 Savings Plan. Statement Regarding Governor's Savings Plan and EMS 10-16-14
EMS LinenNOTICE - EMS Linen is now PURPLE !!
SRMC New ER Line
Wanted to make EVERYONE aware of a change in communicating to SRMC ER from the field. We now have a dedicated telephone line to our ER for patient reports. The NEW number is 804-765-5625. If you use the HEAR radio, please continue to do that. You can start using this new number on Friday July 25, 2014. Please disregard any other numbers you may have for calling in reports after Friday July 25, 2014.
The old number was going directly to the charge nurse. This process was creating issues where if the charge nurse was registering a patient and the charge nurse received a call from EMS, the charge nurse was not able to take a report at that time or may not have been able to answer the call.
November 05, 2014(00:00) - November 10, 2014 (00:00)
November 06, 2014 (18:00 - 21:00)
November 11, 2014 (19:00 - 23:00)
November 12, 2014 (19:00 - 23:00)
November 13, 2014 (08:00 - 10:00)